Author Topic: Inactivity of a large scale  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Pingster

• I <3 Rob and hate Grizz.
  • =AV= Member
Inactivity of a large scale
« on: September 26, 2014, 12:43:33 AM »
Hi!

As you may well know, I'm highly inactive. Some of it is covered here, but I just wanted to let you guys know what's happening and where I've disappeared.

Firstly, real life happened. I tried to put time in playing SA:MP, but it wasn't working for me - I'd end up sleeping either 1-4 hours, or not at all, most nights, which greatly affected my work performance, and I had to make it stop. Even as I'm typing this, I'm acutely aware that I've got to get up in 5 and half hours, so I'll try to keep it short (won't happen anyway).

Being part of multiple online communities (and sub-communities), with multiple positions of responsibilities, it put pressure on maintaining time in most of them, pressure with which you just don't want to deal with when there's so much going on otherwise. So I ended up dumping every one of them, choosing to spend leisure time playing single player games instead (and even those, I've stopped caring about 100% completion, which came as a shock to me!).

And then there's the monstrosity that SA:MP server has (or had when I last played it) turned into. Eliminated every trace of wanting to play it, sadly. With lots of friends turning into (tightass) mods and admins that are either too busy to play around or too adminish to even want to play with them, the server turning into uncivilized, barbaric firemen with no regard to anything, the upper management being increasingly inactive or not giving enough craps to do anything worthwile... It just stopped being entertaining to do anything.

Anyway, I don't see myself playing SA:MP for any foreseeable future, so you won't see me there. I still would like to stay part of the clan, as inactive as I may be - clan is more than just a game, and I definitely hope to see the rest of you on other games, and feel proud wearing the tag with you. Of all the communities I've discovered or been part of in SA:MP, this is definitely my favorite, no admin or scripter teams, no government groups, no gangs, no WS, no clan at all, nothing can hold a candle to what is AV, and don't you let anyone tell you otherwise.

Take it easy,
=AV=Pingster

Offline Rob

• <3 Grizz
Re: Inactivity of a large scale
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 10:00:10 AM »
See you around Pingster, good luck & take care.

Offline Spikmun

• =AV= Leader
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 03:08:12 PM »
Some very true words there Pingster, take care and remember real life comes first, but if you get some time for the PC then we are always here and ready to play. We are branching out from SAMP as well as being very active in SAMP (apart from myself), we've even recently picked up a couple members from other games such as DayZ and BF3 so feel free to join us whenever you like.

Offline Loris

• =AV= Leader
  • =AV=Pasta
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 01:42:44 AM »
I was Starting to think about where you been, do not worry, as Spikmun said, real life come first.  ;)